Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Redford during the colder seasons, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Airtronic Heating & Cooling will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Airtronic Heating & Cooling at 313-230-4053 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.