During the cooler Redford months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Airtronic Heating & Cooling will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Airtronic Heating & Cooling right away if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Airtronic Heating & Cooling can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Airtronic Heating & Cooling at 313-230-4053 or schedule an appointment with us online.